HELP FAMILIES AFFECTED BY HARVEY | Three Ways You Can Help
As millions of people are recovering from the Hurricane Harvey Disaster, many people are wondering the best way to give to the relief effort. One of the best ways you can do that is to give through the Tennessee Baptist Relief Fund. 100% of gifts go to relief. Tennessee Disaster Relief and Southern Baptist Disaster Relief are respected and welcomed nationwide. Here are three ways you can help:
- Give Today: Initial gifts will help provide water, blankets, and other basic survival items and needs. To make donations, go to http://tndisasterrelief.org/contributions/
- Pray for Those Affected: Pray for all of those who are involved and going through this disaster. Pray that God would use it for His glory and
- Consider Going: We will most likely be sending a team in the next several months to assist with Houston area relief. If you would like to be considered for any potential West Jackson relief trip(s), please e-mail Alan Teel with your information as well as relevant skills and experience.
SBC PRESIDENT STEVE GAINES & SENIOR ADULT REVIVAL | Wednesday September 13
All church members are invited to join us on Wednesday September 13th to hear Dr. Steve Gaines, current SBC president, preach in the worship center. Wednesday night will also serve as a kick off to our Senior Adult Revival that will continue on Thursday morning. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear from God’s word! Bellevue’s Senior Adult Choir will provide special music that night as well.
WEST JACKSON OPEN HOUSE | Sunday September 17th @ 10:00am
On Sunday September 17th, we will have a special Open House during our Sunday morning worship. What does that mean? Simply put – we will have all of our normal activities (9:00a Bible Studies and 10:30a Worship) around campus but invite our neighbors and friends to join us in experiencing our church community. Special activities will include gifts for all new guests as well as a free boxed lunch and outdoor games in the Fields immediately after worship that morning. Look for more details in the coming weeks and prayerfully consider who you might invite to join you that morning!
CHURCH-WIDE PRAYER MEETING | Wednesday September 6
Mark your calendars for Wednesday September 6, when we will have our first Church-wide prayer meeting for the Fall. Normal activities will begin later that day, with prayer happening from 6:00pm until 6:40pm. Mark your calendars and join us as we seek the Lord together!
HARTLAND MINISTRY FALL KICKOFF | Volunteers Needed
Hartland Ministry is seeking new volunteers to help with Bible Study, crafts and activities on Monday nights during this school year. If you would like to help, contact Sylicia Fuqua (email@example.com or 731-394-0993) or Lori Camp (firstname.lastname@example.org or 731-499-0756).
WEDNESDAYS AT WEST JACKSON | Join Us This Fall (All Ages)
Each Wednesday this Fall, we will continue campus-wide activities on our regular schedule. Join us for special activities for kids, students, and adults:
- CHILDREN’S CHOIR | 5:30 – 6:15pm. Children ages 4* through 5th Grade are invited to join us as we kickoff the 2017-2018 school year. You won’t want your child to miss this opportunity to learn and grow through music. *Preschoolers must be 4 years old by August 15
- FUSION & MERGE KIDS MINISTRY | 6:15 – 7:30pm. All kids Kindergarten through 5th grade are invited. Don’t let your kids miss out on Fusion and MERGE this fall!
- STUDENT MINISTRY | 6:00 – 8:00pm. Junior and Senior High students will meet tonight on our normal Fall schedule.
- ADULT BIBLE STUDIES | 6:30 – 7:45pm. Women will continue their Bible Study: When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore (meets in room A-113). Men will continue in their study by Tony Evans called Kingdom Man (meets in room A-120).
We will also continue to have our weekly prayer meeting in the Worship Center and community meal in the Fellowship Hall. Join us to learn, serve, and grow each Wednesday night!
MUSIC & PRODUCTION VOLUNTEERS | Learn More & Serve This Fall
Are you a musician or have experience in audio and video work? We are looking to add new members to our music and production ministry to serve on Sundays and Wednesdays at West Jackson. This includes instrumentalists, vocalists, and audio/visual volunteers for a variety of service opportunities. Contact Teresa Wood (twood@ westjacksonbc.org) and Paul Helms (phelms@ westjacksonbc.org) to learn more.