It’s February now, and there have some great events and opportunities for fellowship coming this month:
Date Night @ Grant Center – Buy Your Tickets Online (Monday Deadline)
Last year’s Date Night @ Snyder Barn was a wonderful time of good food and fun to encourage married couples at the conclusion of our Unexpected Marriage sermon series. This year, we will be hosting our second annual Date Night on February 11th at Union University’s Grant Center. We have one more opportunity to purchase tickets online by Monday night (see link below).
- When: Saturday February 11th at 5:30pm
- Where: Union University Grant Events Center
- What: A delicious catered meal with your spouse and entertainment with our special guest, comedian Jeff Allen.
- Cost: $25 per person / $50 per couple
- Childcare: There will be free childcare beginning at 5:00pm on our church campus. Please e-mail Karen Crook if you have any questions.
Golden Agers Monthly Meeting This Thursday
On Thursday February 9th, our Golden Agers will meet at 10:30a in the worship center to hear from guest speaker Michael Ayalon. There will be a lunch to follow our program in the Fellowship Hall. We hope you’ll join us for a great morning of fellowship, teaching, and food. If you have any questions, contact Lisa White.
New Bible Studies This February
Bible Studies for men and women will begin on February 1st, and here is a list of the studies happening over the next few months:
- Men’s Bible Study: Unfolded. Facilitated by Wayne Moody will be in Room A-121. In this DVD-driven study, Eric Geiger lays out God’s powerful story of redemption. Join these men as we explore the story of a God who loves us, wants to be known by us, and ultimately invites us into His story of grace and redemption. Though there are many heroes in the Old and New Testaments, you’ll discover the one true Hero of our faith: Jesus Christ. [Book: $13]
- Women’s Bible Study: Uninvited. Facilitated by Amy Matthis for women of all ages, this book study will meet in in Room A-113. In this six-session video Bible study, bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst helps women to explore the roots of rejection; the view we believe as a result; and the truth about who God is, who we are, and what it looks like to live loved. [Book: $10 | Study Guide: $13]
- Women’s Bible Study: The Power of a Praying Wife. Facilitated by Corrie Maxwell, this book study for for wives of all ages will be in Room E-111 (located in the Preschool Place). This study will joyfully inspire you to develop a deeper relationship with your husband by utilizing the amazing power of prayer. This uplifting resource is packed with practical advice on praying for specific areas of your husband’s life, including his: (a) decision-making, (b) role as a father and as a leader, (c) fears, (d) spiritual strength, (e) faith and (f) future. If you desire a closer relationship with your spouse, you will appreciate the life illustrations, encouraging Bible verses, and the assurances of God’s promises and power for your marriage. [Book: $15 | Study Guide: $10]
On Tuesdays beginning February 7th, we will also have the following PRECEPT study led by Kay Griffin:
- Threatened with death, Daniel stuck to his guns and refused to adopt a pagan lifestyle. His worldview had God at the center and he lived it out even under extreme pressure to change. This eight week study (In & Out version) will help you learn to adopt a biblical worldview and adhere to it even when it’s not ‘normal’ to live for God and walk in His ways. This study is open to men and women and will happen on Tuesdays in Room A-113 in two sessions to accommodate different schedules (9:30a morning | 5:30p evening). Book is $14 and leader is Kay Griffin.
Student Ministry Spring Retreat – Early Registration
This past Sunday, early registration opened for our annual Student Spring Retreat. This year’s retreat will be at the Linden Valley Retreat Center from March 10th – 12th. More details coming about our topic and activities for the year. Students, head on over to our event page and register online today!
Interested in North American Missions?
Pastor Kelly Reid of Tapestry Church in Calgary, Canada is one of our key mission partners in North America, and we are hosting an information meeting on Sunday February 19th at 4:30pm in Room A-130. Anyone who is interested in going on this year’s trip is invited to join us. The trip will happen from July 1-8, 2017. If you have any questions and would like to RSVP, please contact our missions pastor Alan Teel.