This Week’s Resources: Download the weekly bulletin
It’s February now, and there have some great events and opportunities for fellowship coming this month:
Family Night @ The Courts
Join us for Family Night @ The Courts on Sunday February 5th at 5:00pm. This will be a special night for fellowship, fun, and some football. We will have the following activities:
- Fellowship: We will have small groups setting up tents around the gym bringing their own food. We encourage everyone to bring their own lawn chairs, and please let us know if your community group or BFT would like to set up a tent. (Groups can bring in and set up food beginning at 4:30pm on Sunday afternoon).
- Football: We will have the game playing on a projector screen in the gym. Watch on the big screen! We will plan to take a break and pause the game during the half time show and resume in the 3rd quarter.
- Kids Activities: We will have jumpers outside in the South parking lot near the Courts entrance. Kids will also be able to play in the Courts during the night and enjoy games and activities.
- Food: In addition to groups bringing in their own food for our tailgate, we will have a chili cook off in the Courts Lobby where members can bring their own favorite recipe and share food. We will also have hot dogs.
There’s no need to register, but please let us know if you are planning on bringing food.
Date Night @ Grant Center – Buy Your Tickets Online!
Last year’s Date Night @ Snyder Barn was a wonderful time of good food and fun to encourage married couples at the conclusion of our Unexpected Marriage sermon series. This year, we will be hosting our second annual Date Night on February 11th at Union University’s Grant Center. You can buy tickets in the Connection Center on Wednesday or Sunday. You can also now purchase your tickets online as well (see link below).
- When: Saturday February 11th at 5:30pm
- Where: Union University Grant Events Center
- What: A delicious catered meal with your spouse and entertainment with our special guest, comedian Jeff Allen.
- Cost: $25 per person / $50 per couple
- Childcare: There will be free childcare beginning at 5:00pm on our church campus. Please e-mail Karen Crook if you have any questions.
Starting This Wednesday Night… (Kids & Youth Ministry)
Starting this Wednesday, our student ministry will be back on their normal Wednesday night schedule. Also starting this Wednesday, our Kids Ministry will begin to “pack the house” for the month of February. Check the announcement video for an explanation from our Kids Ministry associate Alex Northcutt.
New Bible Studies Begin Wednesday February 1 & Tuesday February 7
Bible Studies for men and women will begin on February 1st, and here is a list of the studies happening over the next few months:
- Men’s Bible Study: Unfolded. Facilitated by Wayne Moody will be in Room A-121. In this DVD-driven study, Eric Geiger lays out God’s powerful story of redemption. Join these men as we explore the story of a God who loves us, wants to be known by us, and ultimately invites us into His story of grace and redemption. Though there are many heroes in the Old and New Testaments, you’ll discover the one true Hero of our faith: Jesus Christ. [Book: $13]
- Women’s Bible Study: Uninvited. Facilitated by Amy Matthis for women of all ages, this book study will meet in in Room A-113. In this six-session video Bible study, bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst helps women to explore the roots of rejection; the view we believe as a result; and the truth about who God is, who we are, and what it looks like to live loved. [Book: $10 | Study Guide: $13]
- Women’s Bible Study: The Power of a Praying Wife. Facilitated by Corrie Maxwell, this book study for for wives of all ages will be in Room E-111 (located in the Preschool Place). This study will joyfully inspire you to develop a deeper relationship with your husband by utilizing the amazing power of prayer. This uplifting resource is packed with practical advice on praying for specific areas of your husband’s life, including his: (a) decision-making, (b) role as a father and as a leader, (c) fears, (d) spiritual strength, (e) faith and (f) future. If you desire a closer relationship with your spouse, you will appreciate the life illustrations, encouraging Bible verses, and the assurances of God’s promises and power for your marriage. [Book: $15 | Study Guide: $10]
On Tuesdays beginning February 7th, we will also have the following Precept study led by Kay Griffin:
- Threatened with death, Daniel stuck to his guns and refused to adopt a pagan lifestyle. His worldview had God at the center and he lived it out even under extreme pressure to change. This eight week study (In & Out version) will help you learn to adopt a biblical worldview and adhere to it even when it’s not ‘normal’ to live for God and walk in His ways. This study is open to men and women and will happen on Tuesdays in Room A-113 in two sessions to accommodate different schedules (9:30a morning | 5:30p evening). Book is $14 and leader is Kay Griffin.
Student Ministry Spring Retreat – Early Registration
This past Sunday, early registration opened for our annual Student Spring Retreat. This year’s retreat will be at the Linden Valley Retreat Center from March 10th – 12th. More details coming about our topic and activities for the year. Students, head on over to our event page and register online today!
Interested in North American Missions?
Pastor Kelly Reid of Tapestry Church in Calgary, Canada is one of our key mission partners in North America, and we are hosting an information meeting on Sunday February 19th at 4:30pm in Room A-130. Anyone who is interested in going on this year’s trip is invited to join us. The trip will happen from July 1-8, 2017. If you have any questions and would like to RSVP, please contact our missions pastor Alan Teel.
Pray for All Star Basketball
All Star Basketball just finished its’ third week of games on Saturday. Please continue to pray for the 400+ children from our church and the Jackson area involved. More than 80 coaches are leading our 40 teams each week in practice, developing relationships, and bringing the Gospel to them through devotionals. Please be praying for this season and the outreach that will happen through All Star Basketball.